Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) is a Montessori-based faith formation program founded on two pillars: Sacred Scripture and Holy Liturgy. Through the use of Scripture and materials, which we call “work,” children are invited to enter into a deeper relationship with God.
“What if you could prepare an environment where the child is able to entrust themselves to the love of God for their entire lives? That would be religious formation for the whole of their life, even through adulthood.”
Access to the registration for all Elementary Faith Formation (English) programs including CGS will open on August 1st at 9am both here on this page and in person at the parish office.
Our programs will begin on Sept 28th and go through May 10th.
Instructions for registering using Realm, our parish software system:
- Sign in to your Realm account if you have one. If you do not have a realm profile, list your name and enter your email when prompted.
- **Very Important***. Uncheck your name and add a check box next to the names of everyone you are registering. If you signed in as guest, add each of your children as listed guests and be sure to still uncheck your name.
- Click the <Next> button and choose your child’s class by scrolling through <Registration Type> under each of their names. (If the class is full, they will be listed as such, and be sure to add your child to the waitlist.)
- Answer the questions for each child.
- Scroll back up and click <submit> in the right hand column to process the registration form and add the payment.
- You will receive a confirmation email and that will let you know that your form has been completed.
- Call the parish office and ask for Kristin Atkinson if you have any problems.
- You may also either call or come up to the parish office and we are happy to help get you registered.
Increasing the number of sessions we offer: The amount of children that we can offer CGS to is only limited by the number of volunteers willing to complete the catechist formation and volunteer their time in this beautiful ministry. We offer catechist formation during the summers and the nursery is offered free of charge during the formation and as well as during the CGS sessions. As a way of thanking you for your gift of time to this ministry, CGS Catechists and Atrium Aides receive registration preference for their children, so we invite you to join our ministry and help us to be able to increase the number of children to whom we can offer this beautiful formation. Please contact Kristin Atkinson in the parish office for more information on joining our ministry team!
Registration for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd opens every year on August 1st and is
currently offered for children three years of age through third grade, expanding to offer through 5th grade with in the next few years. Children also receive formation for receiving 1st Communion and Reconciliation with in this program as well.
“Though you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned, you have revealed them to the childlike.” Matthew 11:25
Looking for another way to get involved? We are also in need of parishioners that can sew, paint or are handy with woodworking to help us in making some of the materials that will be needed in our Atrium.
(Thank you to www.youngsheep.org for allowing us to use their wonderful video!)