Our apologies for our bulletin error: There is no Advent Adoration tonight, Dec. 10th.
I am asking St. Ann Parishioners to help people avoid evictions. The Great Economy has caused some families to experience an increase in rent. Some are sick and postponing surgery. Some have children and have just begun jobs. Some have fixed incomes and always struggle to break even. Some are veterans who are hindered by age, health and abilities to work and have no transportation.
I ask that you consider a donation to Sister’s Charity to help these people. Current need is about $4000.00 your donation can help.
Please send donations to St. Ann’s Catholic Church
Make Check to St. Ann’s Catholic Church and a note to Sister’s Charity….
If you want to actually see the good work that comes from these donations, I invite you to join St. Vincent DePaul Society. They see and hear and know the faces of these people.
Dear St. Ann’s Parishioners,
Thank you for your past support of needy families. You have helped many men, women and children be more secure, eat and stay together.
Yet the need continues. I am asking for help with three situations;
1. A family fleeing Cuba, here legally, the mother is dealing with Breast Cancer treatments. The husband has begun work and the 16yo boy (senior in High School) –must be smart- needs help to pay rent. Eviction notice has been given. Their reserve funds spent on the cancer treatment. They have refrained from asking for government benefits because they hope to become citizens in the future.
2. I also have a young (24) woman with a 4-year-old girl. She needs rent help also. She had been helping her mother with medical needs and her money was depleted. She has a new job and will be paid in three weeks. St. Vincent DePaul has helped this month. She needs next month’s rent.
3. A man who is living in his truck wants work. He is here legally (green card) and wants to work to send money to his family and he needs to eat. If you have a room he can rent or where he can work for his rent…
I know you are asked for so many things. I also ask for them. If you can help with anything. Please make donations to Sister’s Charity. You can bring your donations to/ or mail them to the St. Ann’s Parish. Your checks can be made to St. Ann’s Church with a note for Sister’s Charity. I will make appeals to SVDP and other local charities. I will inform you as to the progress of these cases.
Thank you for opening your heart.
Sr. Elsa Garcia
The United States Conference of Bishops has asked St. Ann’s St. Vincent De Paul to assist a family of three (Husband and wife and a 4 year old girl) who are fleeing the terrible conflict in Burma/ Myanmar. You can Google to see what the conflict entails- Genocide, burning villages and atrocities to women and children.
The family needs everything. In speaking with a local leader of the Burmese community, he stated that what is most helpful is getting bedding, winter clothes, food and English classes. The goal is to get the adults in a working situation and the child in school. St. Vincent DePaul will coordinate local efforts.
What we need:
· If you have Beds — a full sized bed and a child’s bed – they live in one room
· Blankets- they come from a warmer climate and are already cold
· Gift cards and Money so that they can go shopping as part of their socialization to the US.
· Once we meet the Goal of $500 in cash and gift cards, the overflow will go to St. Vincent DePaul for other poor in the area
· If you have Burmese working for you and you can use one more person let us know.
· We will have this effort throughout October.
Any donations for this family can be made to the St. Vincent DePaul Society at St. Ann’s and other donations can be coordinated through Sr. Elsa at the Parish office.
Thank you for protecting LIFE and assisting the poor who are in a foreign land. What you do for these, the least of God’s Children, you do for HIM.
Sr. Elsa Garcia